A wide variety of patients can see their periodontal treatment outcomes enhanced by the use of dental lasers. And while our Nd:YAG laser has been used primarily as an alternative to traditional gum surgery, it offers many advantages when performing other dental procedures like tooth extractions and dental implant replacement. Our laser specifically targets the bacteria that is responsible for periodontal infection and abscess formation. Healthy tissue is left unaffected. By eradicating these harmful bacteria, early healing can be enhanced and this can lead to improved results.
Some of the situations in our practice where laser periodontal treatment has been beneficial include:
- Patients previously treated with traditional surgery
- Younger patients with aggressive periodontitis
- Patients with periodontitis and a high degree of dentinal sensitivity
- Patients with periodontitis in the front of their mouths
- Patients with periodontal abscesses
- Patients taking osteoporosis medications or blood thinning drugs
- Patients with dental anxiety
- Patients with infections around their dental implants
- Patients recommended for a frenectomy
- Patients undergoing tooth extractions
- Patients seeking immediate dental implants in a site with a tooth infection
Did you know…
that dental lasers offer a long list of benefits for patients and dentists? Specifically, laser dentistry has grown in popularity among patients because it is highly effective for reducing inflammation, bleeding and swelling during and following dental procedures. Many patients also report experiencing less pain when lasers are used as opposed to drills. For this reason alone, many patients experience less anxiety and apprehension before and during their dental appointments.
For more information about laser periodontal treatment and to learn whether you are a candidate for this state-of-the-art procedure, please contact our office to schedule an evaluation with Dr. Parker.